Today I’d like to talk about something that I don’t see talked about in too much detail on the web. It is however something that I’ve seen certain authors inquire about on the Kindleboards so I thought why not bring it up for some discussion. As you create your ebooks whether it’s meant for Kindle […]
When KDP Select first started up I remember there were authors on both fences about it. Some were ready to grab their pitchforks but yet others were willing to try it out. They didn’t necessarily see it as a bad thing. While you’re self-publishing you’ll encounter risks on a daily basis. Everything you do involves […]
Self-publishing is all the rage right now. There’s no denying it. Not when we have people like EL James, John Locke, Amanda Hocking and countless others seemingly coming out of nowhere. Some authors are obviously more successful than others but looking at that list, they all had one thing in common that I can see […]
And here we are with Part 3 where I’m hopefully going to finish off this series of articles on SEO and Self-Publishing. I’ve previously gone over using keywords to drive traffic and their importance on ranking with Google as well as building links for your website. This time around I want to talk about Domains […]
I’ve got a number of topics I still want to go over for you but I thought I’d throw the question out there. In the past year or so I’ve covered Digital Comics, Selling Digital Comics, Making Comics, some business related stuff, Self-Publishing, Writing Comics, some Website Design stuff and a few other tidbits. I […]
I’ve been going through WordPress Plugins left and right lately so I thought I’d do a quick post to let you know what I’m finding useful. (Quick? Ha, this one turned into a monster!) If you do a quick search on Google for the “best of’s” you’ll come up with plenty of choices. Don’t even […]
This is the second part to my SEO and Self-Publishing series. Previously I touched on the power of Keywords while building your website for your comic book. Today I’m going to look at Link Building. I’ll also apologize now for the length of that last one. Hopefully this one won’t be nearly as long. There […]
If you read my newest post today you’ll be aware that I’m starting a new series of articles aimed at teaching comic book creators about SEO. It’s a rather large topic so I won’t be able to cover everything I’m afraid but I’m going to do my best to cover off what I feel are […]
Over the past several months I’ve been looking at starting my own small publishing company. I have a feeling that in its beginning stages though that it will primarily be just a brand name for my self-published ventures. I’ve longed for the day where I’m in control of every aspect of my business and in […]
The following is a guest post delivered to me by Curt Pires, a fellow comics writer. THE WRITE STUFF: Writing Comics, by Curt Pires So you want to be a real life bonified comic book writer? Great. Welcome to the club. There’s lots of us. We have tee shirts. And debt. Lots of it. […]
I’ve made a few postings elsewhere but I’ve not received as much interest as I would have liked so I’m gonna throw this up here as well. I am currently in search of an artist or even multiple artists to work on some projects with me. Most of these projects will be on the small […]
When you’re a comic writer just starting out it can be a little tricky finding that style to use when writing scripts. You’ll also find that no single artist/editor/person likes to read scripts the same way. That would be too easy wouldn’t it? No, what it really boils down to is preference. But, there are […]
Donation to Adam Geen (E1)
- Using Back Matter in your Ebooks Correctly 10/30/2012
- Experiences with KDP Select 10/21/2012
- 5 Tips for a Great Book Cover 09/05/2012
- SEO and Self-Publishing Part 3 (Domains and URLs) 07/19/2012
- What Topic would YOU like to see on the site? 07/14/2012
- How to Make Digital Comics Pt. 2 (Page sizes and resolution) 08/30/2011
- How to Make Digital Comics Pt. 1 (File types and creation) 08/23/2011
- How to Make Digital Comics Pt. 3 (Digital Distributors) 09/06/2011
- How to Make Digital Comics Pt. 4 (Being Your Own Boss) 09/13/2011
- 5 Tips for a Great Book Cover 09/05/2012
- Anon: This is a bit misguided as DPI (Dots per inch) doe...
- christaavampato: Thank you so much! This is such helpful advice. On...
- George Caltsoudas: Nope. If you send someone art that is 1536x248 (21...
- Laurence \'GreenReaper\' Parry: Uh… you know that if you double the physical dim...
- Rhoadey: This is quite an old post, but I have a question: ...