I think the How to… digital comic articles are done for the time being so this week I’m gonna change things up. This does however still fall in line with the topic of Making Comics. I want to talk about branding. One of the smartest things you can do as a budding comic creator is […]
I wanted to talk about being your own boss last week but that post was running long. So to recap there’s been 3 parts already on my How to Make Digital Comics articles. You can find them all here. This week’s post is about how you can set up your own digital storefront directly on […]
So far in Part 1 & 2 we’ve talked about creating file types and setting the proper page size and resolution for your digital comic. This week I want to talk a little bit about digital distributors and how you can go about selling your digital comic as well. When I first had the inkling […]
After last week’s post on How to Make Digital Comics I quickly realized there is an awful lot of you out there looking for this kind of information. So thank you for dropping by and checking it out. Feel free to leave comments or questions as well! This week I want to talk about page […]
When I re-did this website a few months back one of my primary objectives was to change how I was posting blogs. Most blogs post random snippets of art and the odd spattering of witty type. I’d rather take a different approach for the next little while. I’m much more interested in sharing what I’ve […]
Well, the time has finally come. After many false starts I’m happy to announce that you can now find my first ever art book under the Store heading up top. This has been something that I’ve wanted to do for an awfully long time. Even if I sell very little I don’t really care. This […]
Just found this beautiful, concise write-up about self publishing today on Twitter. If you’re at all interested in self publishing, I advise you to have a look. I knew most of it already but having it all laid out like this makes it so much easier to digest. Make with the clickie for a non-squishy […]
The following article was posted on Greg Pak’s Google+ page. Check it out. Pass it along and give it a try. As someone who’s always interested in roping new people into reading comics, I’ve loved +Joe Mulvey’s thought-provoking and hilarious “What do you REALLY know about comics?” interviews at http://joemulveyart.com/. The following is an experiment […]
In the months ahead I’m going to be altering my course in comics quite dramatically. I’m going to start self publishing through the newly formed EnemyOne. It’ll be a sort of home for all of my projects. So one may ask why self publish? There are many reasons surprisingly. But I don’t really want to […]
Edit: And now there’s a website as well! Check it out. Comic Market I’ve been busy working on a series of pitches lately but wanted to drop a quick note regarding something that I think is pretty important nowadays. Someone, or a group of someone’s has decided to take it upon themselves to launch what […]
Give her a vote, yeah? 5$ Click the I’d buy it as a tee button as well. Thank you! If you enjoyed this post, consider sharing it!
Edit: As of 2011 I am no longer involved in this project. I will update in the future though if this changes. So I’m gonna start trickling out some new stuff. This is the first bit of it. Teaser for a new book called Towerland that I’m working on with most of the same […]
Donation to Adam Geen (E1)
- Using Back Matter in your Ebooks Correctly 10/30/2012
- Experiences with KDP Select 10/21/2012
- 5 Tips for a Great Book Cover 09/05/2012
- SEO and Self-Publishing Part 3 (Domains and URLs) 07/19/2012
- What Topic would YOU like to see on the site? 07/14/2012
- How to Make Digital Comics Pt. 2 (Page sizes and resolution) 08/30/2011
- How to Make Digital Comics Pt. 1 (File types and creation) 08/23/2011
- How to Make Digital Comics Pt. 3 (Digital Distributors) 09/06/2011
- How to Make Digital Comics Pt. 4 (Being Your Own Boss) 09/13/2011
- 5 Tips for a Great Book Cover 09/05/2012
- Anon: This is a bit misguided as DPI (Dots per inch) doe...
- christaavampato: Thank you so much! This is such helpful advice. On...
- George Caltsoudas: Nope. If you send someone art that is 1536x248 (21...
- Laurence \'GreenReaper\' Parry: Uh… you know that if you double the physical dim...
- Rhoadey: This is quite an old post, but I have a question: ...