And here we are with Part 3 where I’m hopefully going to finish off this series of articles on SEO and Self-Publishing. I’ve previously gone over using keywords to drive traffic and their importance on ranking with Google as well as building links for your website. This time around I want to talk about Domains […]
I’ve been going through WordPress Plugins left and right lately so I thought I’d do a quick post to let you know what I’m finding useful. (Quick? Ha, this one turned into a monster!) If you do a quick search on Google for the “best of’s” you’ll come up with plenty of choices. Don’t even […]
This is the second part to my SEO and Self-Publishing series. Previously I touched on the power of Keywords while building your website for your comic book. Today I’m going to look at Link Building. I’ll also apologize now for the length of that last one. Hopefully this one won’t be nearly as long. There […]
If you read my newest post today you’ll be aware that I’m starting a new series of articles aimed at teaching comic book creators about SEO. It’s a rather large topic so I won’t be able to cover everything I’m afraid but I’m going to do my best to cover off what I feel are […]
Over the past several months I’ve been looking at starting my own small publishing company. I have a feeling that in its beginning stages though that it will primarily be just a brand name for my self-published ventures. I’ve longed for the day where I’m in control of every aspect of my business and in […]
The following is a guest post delivered to me by Curt Pires, a fellow comics writer. THE WRITE STUFF: Writing Comics, by Curt Pires So you want to be a real life bonified comic book writer? Great. Welcome to the club. There’s lots of us. We have tee shirts. And debt. Lots of it. […]
I’ve made a few postings elsewhere but I’ve not received as much interest as I would have liked so I’m gonna throw this up here as well. I am currently in search of an artist or even multiple artists to work on some projects with me. Most of these projects will be on the small […]
When you’re a comic writer just starting out it can be a little tricky finding that style to use when writing scripts. You’ll also find that no single artist/editor/person likes to read scripts the same way. That would be too easy wouldn’t it? No, what it really boils down to is preference. But, there are […]
I think the How to… digital comic articles are done for the time being so this week I’m gonna change things up. This does however still fall in line with the topic of Making Comics. I want to talk about branding. One of the smartest things you can do as a budding comic creator is […]
I wanted to talk about being your own boss last week but that post was running long. So to recap there’s been 3 parts already on my How to Make Digital Comics articles. You can find them all here. This week’s post is about how you can set up your own digital storefront directly on […]
So far in Part 1 & 2 we’ve talked about creating file types and setting the proper page size and resolution for your digital comic. This week I want to talk a little bit about digital distributors and how you can go about selling your digital comic as well. When I first had the inkling […]
After last week’s post on How to Make Digital Comics I quickly realized there is an awful lot of you out there looking for this kind of information. So thank you for dropping by and checking it out. Feel free to leave comments or questions as well! This week I want to talk about page […]
Donation to Adam Geen (E1)
- Using Back Matter in your Ebooks Correctly 10/30/2012
- Experiences with KDP Select 10/21/2012
- 5 Tips for a Great Book Cover 09/05/2012
- SEO and Self-Publishing Part 3 (Domains and URLs) 07/19/2012
- What Topic would YOU like to see on the site? 07/14/2012
- How to Make Digital Comics Pt. 2 (Page sizes and resolution) 08/30/2011
- How to Make Digital Comics Pt. 1 (File types and creation) 08/23/2011
- How to Make Digital Comics Pt. 3 (Digital Distributors) 09/06/2011
- How to Make Digital Comics Pt. 4 (Being Your Own Boss) 09/13/2011
- 5 Tips for a Great Book Cover 09/05/2012
- Anon: This is a bit misguided as DPI (Dots per inch) doe...
- christaavampato: Thank you so much! This is such helpful advice. On...
- George Caltsoudas: Nope. If you send someone art that is 1536x248 (21...
- Laurence \'GreenReaper\' Parry: Uh… you know that if you double the physical dim...
- Rhoadey: This is quite an old post, but I have a question: ...