Today I’d like to talk about something that I don’t see talked about in too much detail on the web. It is however something that I’ve seen certain authors inquire about on the Kindleboards so I thought why not bring it up for some discussion. As you create your ebooks whether it’s meant for Kindle […]
When KDP Select first started up I remember there were authors on both fences about it. Some were ready to grab their pitchforks but yet others were willing to try it out. They didn’t necessarily see it as a bad thing. While you’re self-publishing you’ll encounter risks on a daily basis. Everything you do involves […]
Self-publishing is all the rage right now. There’s no denying it. Not when we have people like EL James, John Locke, Amanda Hocking and countless others seemingly coming out of nowhere. Some authors are obviously more successful than others but looking at that list, they all had one thing in common that I can see […]
And here we are with Part 3 where I’m hopefully going to finish off this series of articles on SEO and Self-Publishing. I’ve previously gone over using keywords to drive traffic and their importance on ranking with Google as well as building links for your website. This time around I want to talk about Domains […]
This is the second part to my SEO and Self-Publishing series. Previously I touched on the power of Keywords while building your website for your comic book. Today I’m going to look at Link Building. I’ll also apologize now for the length of that last one. Hopefully this one won’t be nearly as long. There […]
If you read my newest post today you’ll be aware that I’m starting a new series of articles aimed at teaching comic book creators about SEO. It’s a rather large topic so I won’t be able to cover everything I’m afraid but I’m going to do my best to cover off what I feel are […]
Over the past several months I’ve been looking at starting my own small publishing company. I have a feeling that in its beginning stages though that it will primarily be just a brand name for my self-published ventures. I’ve longed for the day where I’m in control of every aspect of my business and in […]
I wanted to talk about being your own boss last week but that post was running long. So to recap there’s been 3 parts already on my How to Make Digital Comics articles. You can find them all here. This week’s post is about how you can set up your own digital storefront directly on […]
So far in Part 1 & 2 we’ve talked about creating file types and setting the proper page size and resolution for your digital comic. This week I want to talk a little bit about digital distributors and how you can go about selling your digital comic as well. When I first had the inkling […]
After last week’s post on How to Make Digital Comics I quickly realized there is an awful lot of you out there looking for this kind of information. So thank you for dropping by and checking it out. Feel free to leave comments or questions as well! This week I want to talk about page […]
When I re-did this website a few months back one of my primary objectives was to change how I was posting blogs. Most blogs post random snippets of art and the odd spattering of witty type. I’d rather take a different approach for the next little while. I’m much more interested in sharing what I’ve […]
Just found this beautiful, concise write-up about self publishing today on Twitter. If you’re at all interested in self publishing, I advise you to have a look. I knew most of it already but having it all laid out like this makes it so much easier to digest. Make with the clickie for a non-squishy […]
Donation to Adam Geen (E1)
- Using Back Matter in your Ebooks Correctly 10/30/2012
- Experiences with KDP Select 10/21/2012
- 5 Tips for a Great Book Cover 09/05/2012
- SEO and Self-Publishing Part 3 (Domains and URLs) 07/19/2012
- What Topic would YOU like to see on the site? 07/14/2012
- How to Make Digital Comics Pt. 2 (Page sizes and resolution) 08/30/2011
- How to Make Digital Comics Pt. 1 (File types and creation) 08/23/2011
- How to Make Digital Comics Pt. 3 (Digital Distributors) 09/06/2011
- How to Make Digital Comics Pt. 4 (Being Your Own Boss) 09/13/2011
- 5 Tips for a Great Book Cover 09/05/2012
- Anon: This is a bit misguided as DPI (Dots per inch) doe...
- christaavampato: Thank you so much! This is such helpful advice. On...
- George Caltsoudas: Nope. If you send someone art that is 1536x248 (21...
- Laurence \'GreenReaper\' Parry: Uh… you know that if you double the physical dim...
- Rhoadey: This is quite an old post, but I have a question: ...